Standing in the yogurt section, the clock was creeping closer and closer to 5pm. It was the *delightful* bewitching hour and I was still holding my coupons, my grocery list and snack cup full of Cheerios dangling from my pinky. I had a plan! I had a list! I had snacks!! My toddler was getting cranky (getting cranky? already cranky?), my baby-who-doesn’t-sit-still-ever was slipping all over the buckled seat in the front of the cart and I had only just accomplished about twenty percent of my shopping. Not only was I trying to do a weeks worth of grocery shopping with my two kids, I wanted to bring these groceries home, unload, put them all away and have dinner on the table in less than 90 minutes.
So, when another seasoned mom with maybe 15 years of experience ahead of me walked by and muttered, “I don’t miss those days. That is so tough!”, all of my desire to get this huge task accomplished deflated completely.
At that point I’m sure I grabbed a loaf of bread, some cheese slices and called grilled cheese dinner. Which I realize is completely fine.
Since then I have added another little one to the mix and taking little people grocery shopping is just simply…awful. And I love grocery shopping! I can still hear my mother responding with, “Not today” to every. single. request. we made while she wandered the aisles trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. She didn’t like taking us with her either!
ENTER: SHIPT grocery delivery.
Oh, you haven’t heard of it??? Oh my goodness you are going to LOVE me!!!! My sister first tipped me off to this hidden gem of God’s gift to all people (but mostly moms). Shipt is a membership-based grocery marketplace that delivers fresh foods, household essentials, and even alcohol (in select areas) from local stores. Through an easy-to-use app, friendly shoppers, and a commitment to exceptional service, Shipt simplifies lives and saves time for what matters most. Let me help you get started!
First, download the free Shipt app. Go ahead, I’ll wait…
Second, start your grocery list right in the app. You can be specific like “Heinz ketchup” or just “potatoes”. Also, specify “ripe avocados” or “avocados for guacamole in 3 days” if you want. If you can’t find an item, there is an option to make a special request. For example, my kids take old-school Flinstone vitamins (not gummy) and those didn’t come up in the system. I was able to describe them (color of the label, etc) enough that my buyer was able to find them.
Third, buyers often contact you when they arrive at the store and ask if you forgot something (which I often do). Once I asked for lightbulbs and she sought out a store associate to ask for help with my request and when they couldn’t find my specific, she tried to find an alternative for me per the associate’s recommendation. This was KEY for me because truthfully, when I’m in the store with my three kids, I don’t have time to look for an associate much less wait to hear his/her alternative suggestions. If I can’t find on a first quick scan, I just don’t get it. My buyer actually had the time to find me what I really wanted.
Lastly, the bring the groceries to your door and into your home (if you want them to come in). Not only that, they can deliver so FAST!! My sister told me she made her list and placed the order at 10pm and the groceries were on her door by 7am the NEXT MORNING! My cousin (who also uses it) says she loves it for the peace of mind. When one of her four kids gets sick, she loves knowing she can have Pedialyte, Tylenol, Kleenex, trashbags and a bottle of wine at her door without having to leave home if needed. (And yes, they do in fact deliver alcohol as well). I was even able to request my shopper knock instead of ring the doorbell because my little ones were napping. #multitaskingatitsbest
10 Reasons to Sign up for Shipt TODAY!
- Someone (who you can communicate with) does all your grocery (grocery items, paper products and household items) shopping for you. They often even check before leaving the store if you forgot anything.
- If an item is out of stock or unavailable, your shopper can contact you to discuss substitutions (another flavor, generic, etc).
- If you don’t see an item you are looking for in the search menu, you can make a special request.
- You can shop online or just use the app. (I actually found the app to be quicker!)
- Since Shipt is connected with Meijer stores in my area, you can log your receipt and get MPerks! This was great news for me because I saved over $1000 each year for the last three years with MPerks.
- The turn around time for delivery is SO QUICK! Sometimes you can get your order in an hour!
- Payment is all done through the app so your buyer doesn’t ever need your credit card info.
- Delivery is completely FREE for orders over $35! Let’s be real…I have never spent less than $35 at a grocery store. Ever. (There is an option to tip your shopper at the end of the transaction when all your groceries are delivered.)
- The sale price is listed in the app or web page so you can choose an item based on price rather than name if you prefer to buy based on sales.
- Shipt offers services in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin.
- You never have to juggle a list, coupons and toddlers while filling your cart again!
BONUS: When you click on this link to sign up today, you get $10 of FREE groceries! You can even try it for FREE for two whole weeks!
I have purchased my own membership, this is not a sponsored post. Really liking the service helped me decide to share my honest experience with you. However, I will receive credits through your use of the link above.
Have you tried a grocery delivery service? What about it do you like? How has it helped you?